Monday, June 8, 2009

EccentricK!


Mary Ward's annual art show was yet another success and produced much excitement and praise amongst students, graduates, parents and every visitor who ventured through the maze of various forms of art. Not surprisingly, the Art Department managed to agree upon another theme that captured the attention of hundreds; EccentricK. Weeks before the art show opening, anticipation built within the school. At last, EccentricK was revealed to the public on May 4th through May 8 and visitors marveled at each piece. I am positive that many would agree the wait was well worth it as this year's art show completely exceeded my expectations.

I'd have to admit that I was skeptical about attending, but after the positive reviews made by the visitors, I just HAD to go experience it for myself. Thankfully, I do not regret purchasing a ticket to view the creations of our very own students as amazement fell upon me each time. As a result, I ended up going everyday for at least one period to enjoy live entertainment and read the meaning behind each idea.

Having to choose between what I enjoyed most is tough, as each section had its own type of creativity and originality. I would say that the senior fashion designs blew me away. The designs were modern, original and elegant. I even considered buying several of those dresses! As well, I enjoyed the plush toys suspended from the ceiling. They were comparable to what you would purchase at a store. The stitching was precise and created a lovely finished product. Lastly, I would HAVE TO comment on the "I Am" videos produced by the grade ten class. Each groups' various approaches to the project were humorous and fun to watch.

I will most likely return to the upcoming art shows and I am ecstatic to discover what the Mary Ward Art Department will conjure up for next year.

My Comment:
https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=3606309070267875959&postID=6198368466643699112&page=1

No comments: